After obtaining his MSc in 2007 in Chemistry from the École Normale Supérieure (ENS) de Lyon (France) as élève normalien, Antoine Stopin joined the group of Pr. Dutasta from the ENS Lyon to work on Supramolecular Chemistry. He obtained his PhD in December 2009 on “Xenon-Functionalised Cryptophanes: Synthesis of bio-sensors for apotransferrin marking”. He then joined in 2010 the group of Pr. Miguel Garcia-Garibay in the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), USA to work on the “Synthesis of artificial molecular machines” and on the “Thermal energy storage using supercritical fluids”. In November 2013, he joined the group of Pr. Bonifazi in the University of Namur (Belgium) to work on the “Synthesis of functional nanomaterials”. Since November 2015, he is a visiting researcher in the University of Cardiff (UK).
- General knowledge in Chemistry, expert knowledge in organic synthesis and supramolecular chemistry
- Practical experience in multistep synthesis, small and large scales reactions under inert conditions
- General knowledge in analytical, inorganic, physical, theoretical chemistry and material sciences
- Experience in synthesis (CVD) functionalisation and characterisation (PXRD, MFH, TEM, XPS) of nanomaterials as well as their magnetic manipulation
- Experience in analytical chemistry via the elucidation of the structure of new compounds using multinuclear and multidimensional NMR, LCMS, HPLC, IR, UV, fluorimetry, DSC, circular dichroism, SEM, PXRD, MALDI, GC-MS and Mass Spectroscopy by electronic ionisation, diffuse reflectance.
- Teaching skills acquired by the supervision of undergraduate and MSc practical classes in organic chemistry and by the mentoring of undergraduate students and graduate students
- Computer literate with experience in the use of a broad range of scientific software including among others Chemdraw, SciFinder, TopSpin, MestRec, Spinworks, gNMR, Spartan and Mercury
- Language skills: English: fluent; French: native; German: basic
 Effect of pH and Counterions on the Encapsulation Properties of Xenon in Water-Soluble Cryptophanes. P. Berthault, H. Desvaux, T. Wendlinger, M. Gyejacquot, A. Stopin, T. Brotin, J.-P. Dutasta, Y. Boulard, Chem. Eur. J. 2010, 16, 12941-12946.
 Cell uptake of a biosensor detected by hyperpolarized 129Xe NMR: The transferrin case. C. Boutin, A. Stopin, F. Lenda, T. Brotin, J.-P. Dutasta, N. Jamin, A. Sanson, Y. Boulard, F. Leteurtre, G. Huber, A. Bogaert-Buchmann, N. Tassali, H. Desvaux, M. Carriere, P. Berthault, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2011, 19, 4135-4143, COVER PAPER.
 Crystals and Aggregates of a Molecular Tetrarotor with Multiple Trityl Embraces Derived from Tetraphenyladamantane. A. Stopin, M. A. Garcia-Garibay, Cryst. Growth Des. 2012, 12, 3792-3798.
 Photoinduced and Thermal Denitrogenation of Bulky Triazoline Crystals: Insights into Solid-to-Solid Transformation. D. De Loera, A. Stopin, M. A. Garcia-Garibay, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 6626-6632.
 Magnetically-Active Carbon Nanotubes at Work. A. Stopin, F. Pineux, R. Marega, D. Bonifazi, Chem. Eur. J. 2015, 21, 9288-9301, FRONTISPIECE.
 Carboxylated, Fe-Filled Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes as Versatile Catalysts for O2 Reduction and H2 Evolution Reactions at Physiological pH. M. V. Bracamonte, M. Melchionna, A. Stopin, A. Giulani, C. Tavagnacco, Y. Garcia, P. Fornasiero, D. Bonifazi, M. Prato, Chem. Eur. J. 2015, 21, 12769-12777.
 Biotechnological promises of Fe-filled CNTs for cell shepherding and magnetic fluid hyperthermia applications. F. Pineux, R. Marega, A. Stopin, A. La Torre, Y. Garcia, E. Devlin, C. Michiels, A. N. Khlobystov, D. Bonifazi, Nanoscale 2015, 7, 20474-20488.
 An Approach To Enhance the Safety Culture of an Academic Chemistry Research Laboratory by Addressing Behavioral Factors. I. O. Staehle, T. S. Chung, A. Stopin, G. S. Vadehra, S. I. Hsieh, J. H. Gibson, M. A. Garcia-Garibay, J. Chem. Educ. 2016, 93, 217-222.
 Polarisation of Soft Materials through Magnetic Alignment of Polymeric Organogels under Low Field Conditions. A. Stopin, A. Rossignon, M. Keshavarz, Y. Ishida, P. C. M. Christianen, D. Bonifazi, Chem. Mater; accepted.
 High-density, high-temperature thermal energy storage and retrieval. R. E. Wirz, A. P. P. Stopin, L. A. Tse, A. G. Lavine, H. P. Kavehpour, R. B. Lakeh, B. I. Furst, G. Bran, M. A. Garcia-Garibay, U.S. Pat. Appl. Publ. (2015), US 20150060008 A1 20150305.
Publication at a conference with lecture committee:
 Thermal testing of Organic Fluids for Supercritical Thermal energy Storage System. Tse, L. A.; Stopin A.; Ganapathi, G. B.; Garcia-Garibay, M. A.; Lavine, A. S.; Wirz, R. E. Proceedings of the ASME 2013 7th International Conference on Energy Sustainability & 11th FuelCell Science, Engineering and Technology Conference, July 1419, 2013, Minneapolis, MN, USA.